1) Fitness education is an important part of the total physical education program
2) Health-related physical fitness assessment is an important part of physical education and fitness education programs.
3) The relationship between health-related fitness and health varies by age, but it exists for people of all ages.
4) Although the strength of health relationships varies for different parts of fitness among youth, it is important to teach about all health-related fitness components in fitness education programs.
5) Functional fitness is an important consideration in fitness education.
6) Health-related fitness test items for use in fitness education may differ from those used in research or for national surveillance.
7) Cardiorespiratory endurance is the recommended term for the fitness component frequently described as cardiovascular fitness, aerobic fitness, cardiorespiratory fitness, or cardiovascular endurance.
8) An understanding of the term aerobic capacity is important for fitness education
9) Fitness components classified as health-related are also critical to performance in a variety of sports and other activities.
10) Power, formerly considered a skill-related fitness component, can also be considered a health-related component of physical fitness.
Information from : Corbin et al. Youth Physical Fitness. JOPERD, 85 (2), 24-31, 2014
Download the 10 Aspects of Youth Physical Fitness PDF HERE